Enchanted Galapagos Islands
* additional options available
Explore and Photograph in the enchanted Galapagos Islands aboard the yacht Samba with photographer/naturalist Hugh Rose and outstanding Galapagos Guide Juan Manuel Salcedo. Fly into Quito where you will be tested for Covid-19 (required before entering the Galapagos Islands) and spend two nights in a comfortable hotel near the Quito Airport.
An early morning short flight (included) takes us to the Galapagos Islands where we board the Samba for a 14 night/15-day cruise around the tropical island archipelago paradise of the Galapagos one of a few places in the world where the Covid vaccination rate is 100%.
Daily visits to land, allow you to observe and photograph the abundant terrestrial wildlife that has no fear of humans, while daily snorkel outings take you into the marine ecosystem to be surrounded by tropical fish, and marine wildlife such as, sea turtles, dolphins, and friendly sea lions.
At the end of your voyage return to Quito where you can be tested for Covid-19 before departing on your flight home. Either spend a night at a hotel located adjacent to the airport and fly home the next day or take a red eye flight home this night after testing. If you plan on visiting another destination in Ecuador or South America accommodations can be organized near the Quito Airport.
3 Itinerary Options
- There is no better yacht to experience the mystical isolation of the Galapagos on, than this sturdy, stately and very comfortable motor-vessel. The SAMBA is a true European Dutch classic and best in her class.
- A great ocean-going vessel with her specially designed high bow, she provides safe crossings and boasts a special stabilizing sail.
- Her main salon and aft dining facilities make her socially versatile while top-side settees and a flush and ample forward deck provide great getaways or extra space for group activities such as stargazing, whale watching or simply sunbathing.
- The SAMBA accommodates 14 guests, a perfect number to enjoy the magic of the Islands with privacy and flexibility. Its professional, experienced and friendly crew and naturalist guide are devoted to go the extra mile to make your journey a trip of a lifetime.
- She is a graceful, top-quality craft and very environmentally friendly as well as socially responsible. She is locally owned and all the crew members are from the Galapagos.
- The crew are committed to redefine your idea of quality of experience and excellence of service.
Six air-conditioned double cabins on deck 1 and 1 double bed cabin on deck 3, all with private bathrooms and hot water.
Very efficient Twin DAV diesel engines 280 HP-CUMMINS that only use a remarkable 6 gallons of diesel per hour! Two generators each of 21 & 12.5 kW for 110 V & 220V A/C and 12V & 24V D/C, Furuno Navnet Radar, Plotter and Sonar, GPS, VHF & SSB radios, two tenders with outboard motors, 32’ High Definition LCD TV, DVD video equipment.
Length: L.O.A.* 78 feet / 23 meters
Beam: 18 feet / 5.4 meters
Tonnage: 134 tons
Speed: 8.5 knots
Range: 2.500 miles
Sail: Steadying sails
Water capacity: 1.500 gallons and water maker
Electric Power Supply: 110V & 220V (A/C)
*L.O.A.: length overall
One self-contained 20-passenger life raft, EPIRB (Emergency Positioning Indicating Radio Beacon), two bi-directional VHF emergency-radios, one VHF (Motorola) wide-range radio, VHF and HF radios and one cell-phone communication system, life jackets, fire extinguishers, safety smoke and fire detectors and overhead sprinkler systems, A.B.C fire-control system and CO2 bank for the engine room.
Gear, Equipment & Clothing
We will supply a comprehensive PDF that details our recommendations for camera gear and clothing after booking.